Friday 19 August 2011

Youth Camp

The Youth had their summer camp a week ago. Sam and I were privileged to participate in the camp. Sam was able to stay for two nights and I joined him for a morning session where we shared a message about God's calling in our lives.  Sam was struck by how easy it is to connect with the group (aged 13 years and up) even without a common language. He thourally enjoyed his time hanging out.






The camp was held on a beautiful campground. Sam and some of the Youth, hiked up one of the surrounding mountains on Sunday morning and enjoyed the inspiring view.





When leaving the camp a butterfly fluttered over the lane and past the car. “Wow!” was my audible response even though I was alone. I've never seen such a butterfly before! It was 20 cm or more across, brown on the bottom and brilliant blue on top. I didn't have my camera, but that was okay because I'm not so quick with the shots. I would have been busy trying to get the camera on, instead of admiring such a graceful beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment