Sunday 21 August 2011

Glorious Bread


In Canada I make bread regularly with our bread machine. However, it didn't make the “Going to Mexico” list and I've been missing bread since leaving Canada. There is bread available here but it is either bread from the grocery store called Wonder Bread or Bimbo; or it is from the bakery and is a sweat cake like bread. No loaves of crusty French bread.  No whole wheat or whole grain artisan loaves. For awhile I made some no knead loaves and some quick breads, but it wasn't what I wanted either.

Well, after seven months I decided that 8 to 10 minutes of kneading bread isn't such a great hardship after all. Come to think of it, Opa made 7 loaves of bread every Saturday. Pretty sure he didn't have a bread machine hidden in the basement. Here is my first batch of yeast bread. The recipe is Country White Bread from Cooking Bread.






No comments:

Post a Comment