Thursday 6 October 2011

Weiners Mexican Style

When we first arrived, we noticed that hotdogs were a popular item at potluck dinners.  They were popular in the form of hotdog salads.

These salads were served at a Youth event.  We were at the end of the line and you can see that we had to scrape the bottoms of some of these bowls.  Now lest you think this is some new fad for the hip young Mexicans, this is what we found in Walmart today, more than a dozen types of hotdog salads.


 These are not just chopped hotdogs with mayonnaise (con limón), but these are gourmet hotdog salads.


Now I'm not a fan of hotdogs.  I don't buy them or serve them and try not to eat them.  So I hope that my family and friends don't get any bright ideas for next summer's picnics because what I am really looking forward to is lime-jello-marshmallow-cottage-cheese-surprise.

1 comment:

  1. wow. I am in shock and feeling a bit queasy.... but very very amused!!! sort of, in a sad way I guess. way too much hotdag goin on there!! but one jello surprise salad comin right up Gwenda!!!

    ReplyDelete